We recommend you do the following before making an appointment
1. Check this list and even if your insurance isn’t on it we probably can take your plan. WE CAN TAKE ANY PPO OR POS PLAN ! so you should not feel excluded. We might have forgotten to list your plan, since we are in just about all available plans so just call ( 631-584-7722 ) us and ask if we accept your insurance.
2. All insurance plans MUST cover Chiropractic care. One exception is self-insuranced plans ( Ones that your employer pays an administrator to pay claims for you), but all of these UNION PLANS usually cover treatment with some limitations applied. We’ll help you with that information when you call.
3. Call your insurance company and see if you need a referral from your primary care doctor. Many of our patients already are prepared and their authorizations are already faxed or electronically transferred over to us. Your carriers phone number is on the back of your card.
4. If it is an emergency call us even if you don’t have the referral. Some Primary Care Physicians will understand your need and some plans allow emergency care, particularly when your PCP has no hours to refer you (example Oxford).
A Partial list of Plans we take are listed below and Yes, some of these plans do not list us as a participating doctor ( anything with a * next to it ). Don’t worry, we can see you and your treatment will not be expensive.
• All Union Plans
• Aetna, all plans
• Aetna U.S. Healthcare
• Anthem Health
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield
• Health First
• Independent Health Local 1199
• Cigna, all plans
• US Healthcare (formerly Metrahealth)
• Workers Compensation
• Motor Vehicle Accident
• First Health
• National Benifit Fund
• Prucare (Prudential) PPO, POS
• Physcians Health Services (PHS)
• Select Pro
• Smithtown Employees Healthplan
• Suffolk County Employee Benefit Plan *
• Empire Plan
• United Healthcare
• Horizon Healthcare