What is spinal decompression?
Spinal decompression therapy is a non-surgical option to help treat back pain you may be experiencing. While the name of the treatment itself may sound invasive, our chiropractor near Nesconset can assure you that it’s a gentle process that will give you the results you’re striving for. Dr. Raymond Semente can administer top-quality spinal decompression and give you the help you need today.
A spinal decompression table is one treatment option we offer. Our chiropractor near Nesconset, Dr. Raymond Semente, offers this state-of-the-art, painless solution for your medical needs. Each session lasts about 45 minutes, and the number of treatments may vary depending on the severity of your back condition.
What can spinal decompression treat?
There are many conditions that spinal decompression therapy could treat. Some of the injuries and ailments it can help with include the following:
- Bulging or herniated disks – a ruptured disk that is leaking, which irritates nerves.
- Sciatica – when the sciatic nerve is injured and or pressured, it creates back pain.
- Degenerative disc disease – lower back pain, related to age and wear and tear on discs over time.
- Injured or diseased spinal nerve roots – can cause profound neurological damage, including severe motor and sensory loss due to a herniated disc.
- Spinal stenosis – this occurs when the small spinal canal, which contains nerve roots and spinal cord, becomes compressed.
- Posterior facet syndrome – a dysfunction at the level of the posterior facet joints of the spine, which causes pain, numbness, and muscle weakness.
There’s no back condition that Dr. Semente can’t handle. With his years of experience, he’s ready to administer his techniques and treatments to whatever ailment you have. If you’re at a loss and don’t know how to relieve your back pain, our chiropractor near Nesconset can help you today. Call us to schedule an appointment!