How Can I Treat My Chronic Migraines?
Migraines can bring people immense pain and discomfort. In addition, a migraine can hold you back from enjoying life or working at your job. If you are regularly experiencing migraines 15 or more days out of the month, you should see our chiropractor near Smithtown, Dr. Semente, to help deal with your chronic migraines.
There are a few elements that can trigger chronic migraines. The following are some causes of migraines:
- Intense life-changing events
- Serious injury from the neck above
- Acute medication overuse
Whatever the case may be, you do not have to live with chronic migraines, and there are ways to get rid of it. Instead of medication, chiropractic care has been used as a way for people to treat their migraine symptoms. If you are looking to alleviate your constant migraines, our chiropractor near Smithtown is the answer you are searching for.
There are a few chiropractic techniques that can relieve your chronic migraine pain. The techniques that can help include:
- Spinal manipulation – this involves using different treatment techniques like joint manipulation, massages, and exercise. With a combination of these techniques, inflammation is diminished as well as joint and nerve function. This will release any built-in pressure you’re feeling in your body.
- Neuromuscular massages – this isn’t your typical massage; this massage targets trigger points found throughout your head, neck, back, and shoulders. Neuromuscular massages ease tension in the muscles and nerves that lead to pain in these areas, and it also restores the blood flow.
- Low-load craniocervical mobilization – Unlike spinal manipulation, this technique focuses on softer forces used in a rhythmic movement on the cervical areas. Stretching is a big part of this technique as well.
If you feel that medication doesn’t help with your chronic migraines, chiropractic care can be your solution! Next time you are feeling pain from a migraine, do not hesitate to contact our chiropractor near Smithtown to fight off your chronic migraines.
Acupuncture for Pregnancy
If you’ve experienced pregnancy, then you understand the unfortunate conditions that can often come during these nine months. Commonly reported issues could include nausea, back pain, pelvic pain, and various other discomforts. Despite all this, you can undergo specific methods for helping to treat these chronic issues. One technique to consider is the benefits of acupuncture near Smithtown! Should you consider pursuing acupuncture, head on over to Dr. Raymond Semente and see what treatment options he can offer to you.
Depending upon how long you’ve been pregnant, your present conditions could range in their severity. As a quick reminder, a few issues that typically come from pregnancy are:
- Morning sickness – Acupuncture has been known to reduce the side effects of morning sickness. By performing acupuncture on specific areas (such as the wrists), the chances of conditions such as nausea and vomiting can steadily be decreased.
- Lower back and pelvic pain – One of the most common conditions treated with the help of acupuncture is pain stemming from the lower half of the body. Acupuncture can help ease the pain in these areas, giving you relief when you need it the most.
- Sleep problems – Suppressing your anxiety is often cited as one of the ideal benefits of pursuing acupuncture. This helps in improving your sleeping patterns, and it can even provide you with a sufficient energy boost.
For those who are pregnant and require immediate benefits for their situation, consider the following as unique treatments that acupuncture can provide:
- Maintaining hormone levels.
- Acupuncture can ease your muscles, while at the same time improve the chances of the embryo embedding itself.
- Blood flow to and from the ovaries and uterus are improved.
- One common cause of infertility is polycystic ovary syndrome. Acupuncture has been known to help combat this complication.
Acupuncture near Smithtown
Whether you need help during pregnancy or support to get pregnant, acupuncture is capable of assisting. Acupuncture near Smithtown can help you during your time of need and give you the relief you’ve been looking for! Contact Dr. Semente’s office today, and let us get you started on your treatment.