Depending on your medical condition, traditional methods of treatment may not be enough. For some people, fibromyalgia can be one of these conditions. Chronic pain and fatigue can have patients unsure of where to turn or what to do. If you find yourself in this position, look no further than Dr. Raymond Semente. Through the use of trigger point injections on Long Island, he can help relieve your symptoms as well as vastly improving your quality of life.
What Is Fibromyalgia?
One of the most common conditions affecting the bones and muscles happens to be Fibromyalgia. Although there is currently no cure for this condition, a healthy and active lifestyle can still be achieved through proper management. By allowing Dr. Raymond Semente to perform trigger point injections on Long Island, the following symptoms will be kept at bay:
- Pain, burning, tightness, or twitching in the muscles.
- High levels of fatigue.
- Feelings of anxiety or depression.
- Difficulty focusing.
- Experiencing low pain threshold.
Trigger Point Injections On Long Island:
Trigger points are specific areas of muscle that can cause musculoskeletal pain when they become stimulated or irritated. Trigger point injections are done in these specific areas. Typically, pain relief medication is administered by these injections. However, sometimes simply injecting the needle with a simple saline solution is enough to manage your discomfort.
How Frequently Are They Needed?
In an ideal case, only one set of trigger point injections on Long Island will be needed to manage your fibromyalgia. However, since there is no true cure for this condition, you will most likely need to receive numerous injections to achieve optimal results. The frequency of injections will depend on the medicine you receive and the severity of your symptoms. Dr. Raymond Semente will be able to determine how often you’ll need to come in for injections, and help you get back to being pain-free.
Dr. Raymond Semente:
When it comes to trigger point injections on Long Island, Dr. Raymond Semente is an expert. With the use of this and other chiropractic services, he’s been able to help many patients find relief from their symptoms. To learn more about how these injects or other forms of chiropractic care can help you, make sure to contact us today!
The spine is made up of vertebrae which are cushioned and separated by tiny rubber-like discs. When overworked, these discs can slip out of place or rupture, causing excruciating pain. Back pain is common but many avoid seeking assistance in fear their condition may need surgery. Justifiably so, back surgery can take many months to fully recover from. However, many back injuries and conditions, including herniated discs, offer nonsurgical methods of treatment to alleviate symptoms. St. James chiropractor Dr. Raymond Semente a St. James Chiropractor alleviates back pain stemming from herniated discs through spinal adjustments and other nonsurgical means. Chiropractic care has proven to aid herniated disc pain, by moving the disc away from the nerve it’s irritating, which then reduces inflammation. Not only is chiropractic care nonsurgical, but it offers drug-free pain relief as well.
Chiropractic Care For Herniated Disk
A St. James Chiropractor can offer you relief from your herniated disk pain and potentially serve as an alternative to having to go through surgery or taking medications! During your first visit for a herniated disk, a St. James chiropractor will assess your injury and see if there is any loss of strength or feeling in the affected area. This will help determine the severity of your injury and your discomfort. After diagnosing your complication and determining that you are indeed suffering from a herniated disk, a chiropractor will ascertain the best means of treatment to alleviate you of your symptoms. Some treatment options from our St. James Chiropractor may include a few of the following:
- Flexion-Distraction Technique – This involves the use of a specialized table that allows a chiropractor to isolate the affected area while also helping to stretch your spine and back. This treatment can help improve symptoms of herniated disks as well as improve disk height.
- Pelvic Blocking Technique– A chiropractor uses cushioned wedges on either side of your pelvis. Light exercises may also be performed to help change the mechanics of your hips, helping to relieve the tension on your disks.
Outside of spinal manipulation, here are some other ways to relieve herniated disc pain without surgery.
- Medication – Anti-inflammatory medication can be taken to reduce the swelling of your discs and the surrounding area. Muscle relaxants may be prescribed to help calm the muscles in pain, especially if you are experiencing spasms of any kind.
- Acupuncture – Tiny needles inserted into various points around the body help to release endorphins and other natural pain-killers in order to heal a variety of ailments.
- Massage Therapy – Increases blood flow and relaxes the surrounding muscles. Like acupuncture, it is proven to release the body’s natural pain relievers (endorphins).
Herniated discs don’t always need surgery and they don’t need to keep you from doing what you love any longer. Dr. Raymond Semente is an experienced St. James chiropractor who is determined to get you the treatment you need. To give his patients the most innovative up-to-date technology when they visit, Dr. Semente offers Autotrax Spinal Decompression Therapy to pinpoint individual discs for decompression and pain relief.
St. James Chiropractor
If you’re looking for a St. James chiropractor, contact Dr. Raymond Semente to find out more about how chiropractic care can help with herniated discs. Discover more ways that Dr. Semente makes pain relief without surgery possible. Schedule an appointment today!
Acupuncture is a medical practice that involves stimulating multiple points on the body with a needle to alleviate pain or treat various medical conditions. Acupuncture creates blood flow to restore nerve damage caused by a pinched nerve. It works by stimulating certain areas of the body that have blocked energy. The placement of the needles is meant to unblock the pathway for this energy to flow. There are many benefits to this medical practice, and acupuncture near Smithtown could be a perfect option for you.
A pinched nerve occurs when there is an intense amount of pressure or swelling on a nerve creating sharp pains and discomfort. The most vulnerable places for pinched nerves are your ligaments, tendons, and bones. Nerves have to travel through small spaces, however, in your ligaments, tendons, and bones, these areas have little soft tissue to protect them. If one of these spaces shrinks, it can squeeze the nerve root and cause symptoms in the area served by the nerve. When high amounts of pressure are placed on a nerve it can create problems for someone’s everyday life. The symptoms of a pinched nerve are:
- Numbness in the area supplied by the nerve.
- Sharp, aching, or burning pain.
- Pins and needles sensation.
- Loss of muscles strength near the nerve
There are a variety of methods for treating a pinched nerve, but a chiropractor who specializes in acupuncture near Smithtown can help treat this condition in addition to many other health problems. Age-related degenerative changes in the spine caused by seventy to ninety percent of all pinched nerve cases.
What Should You Do?
Do not leave your pinched nerve untreated. The pressure from the nerve could cause chronic pain and even potentially permanent nerve damage. If you have a pinched nerve, be sure to:
- Get extra sleep and rest – The body repairs itself during sleep and will allow you to reduce the symptoms faster.
- Change your posture – Standing or sitting with poor posture will put unnecessary stress on the body, which could damage the spine and muscles.
- Stretch – Relieves tension and pressure on the affected area.
- Change your lifestyle – Adding low-impact exercise to your daily routine will help reduce your symptoms and keep you in shape.
Acupuncture Near Smithtown
Acupuncture is a very safe, drug-free, generally painless, major pain relief option. Dr. Raymond Semente can diagnose your pinched nerve and will provide you with some of the best possible acupuncture near Smithtown. Contact him today at 631-584-7722, or on his website!