How Can I Treat My Chronic Migraines?
Migraines can bring people immense pain and discomfort. In addition, a migraine can hold you back from enjoying life or working at your job. If you are regularly experiencing migraines 15 or more days out of the month, you should see our chiropractor near Smithtown, Dr. Semente, to help deal with your chronic migraines.
There are a few elements that can trigger chronic migraines. The following are some causes of migraines:
- Intense life-changing events
- Serious injury from the neck above
- Acute medication overuse
Whatever the case may be, you do not have to live with chronic migraines, and there are ways to get rid of it. Instead of medication, chiropractic care has been used as a way for people to treat their migraine symptoms. If you are looking to alleviate your constant migraines, our chiropractor near Smithtown is the answer you are searching for.
There are a few chiropractic techniques that can relieve your chronic migraine pain. The techniques that can help include:
- Spinal manipulation – this involves using different treatment techniques like joint manipulation, massages, and exercise. With a combination of these techniques, inflammation is diminished as well as joint and nerve function. This will release any built-in pressure you’re feeling in your body.
- Neuromuscular massages – this isn’t your typical massage; this massage targets trigger points found throughout your head, neck, back, and shoulders. Neuromuscular massages ease tension in the muscles and nerves that lead to pain in these areas, and it also restores the blood flow.
- Low-load craniocervical mobilization – Unlike spinal manipulation, this technique focuses on softer forces used in a rhythmic movement on the cervical areas. Stretching is a big part of this technique as well.
If you feel that medication doesn’t help with your chronic migraines, chiropractic care can be your solution! Next time you are feeling pain from a migraine, do not hesitate to contact our chiropractor near Smithtown to fight off your chronic migraines.