Did you know that June is Men’s Health Month?
While it’s important to bring awareness to Men’s Health Month each June, it is important that you are on top of your health all year round! If keeping active, staying on top of your health and body, and eating healthy was not on your agenda each day, there is no better time to start than now.
Common Injuries For Men In The Workplace:
For many men, work could be a hazardous place for an injury. Common injuries our chiropractor in Suffolk county sees from the workplace include, but are not limited to:
- Muscle strains: regularly lifting heavy items can result in back and neck strains.
- Overexertion: regular lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, reaching, climbing, stepping, kneeling, standing, etc. This injury is caused by the repetitive motion of any of the listed examples. The pain caused from overexertion is often acute.
- Repetitive motion injuries: repetitive motions like bending, lifting, or hammering can strain muscles and tendons causing back pain and carpal tunnel syndrome. The repetitive motion can create the strain on muscles and tendons.
- Sitting at a desk: hunching over a computer screen every day creates for more pressure on the lower back which in result can put your spine out of alignment.
- Poor posture: you may not feel any sudden effects after sitting or standing with poor posture for a period of time, but over time the stress it places on your spine can lead to changes in your spine.
Ways To Live A Healthy Lifestyle:
- Staying Active: exercising daily brings immense benefits to your health, research even shows it can lower the risk of disease. Make activity a priority in your life. Choose walking over driving or climbing the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Small changes can bring big results.
- Eating Healthy: healthy eating is not about placing strict dietary limitations on yourself, it’s about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, and stabilizing your mood. Don’t restrict yourself of foods you love, but moderation is the key.
- Get Enough Sleep: it all starts with the quality of your sleep and making those 8 hours a part of your constant routine. Start your day right with getting the sleep our body deserves.
If you are experiencing pain or have a work or sports related injury there are many benefits to seeing our chiropractor in Suffolk County. Our specialists can help get you back to feeling yourself through numerous treatment options like acupuncture and spinal decompression therapy.
Contact our chiropractor in Suffolk County to learn more about our treatment options and how we can help you start taking the steps to a healthier way of life!