How Chiropractic Care Can Treat Your Allergies
Spring has finally sprung! Most of us wait all year for this beautiful change of the seasons that indicates that summer is on its way. However, many of us experience severe allergies with the change of the seasons. The increase in pollen, flowers, grasses, and weeds can lead to an increase of sneezes, coughs, and runny noses for many. Did you know that chiropractic care has been shown to reduce allergy symptoms? Dr. Raymond Semente, our leading chiropractor near Smithtown, can treat a variety of bodily conditions.
What many people who suffer from severe allergies aren’t aware of is that an excess amount of over-the-counter medication is not always the answer. We can provide you a holistic solution to keep your allergies at bay. Because the immune system is so closely associated with the nervous system, allergies can be treated through chiropractic care by helping to regulate and coordinate the body’s reaction to allergens.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Ways a chiropractor can help treat allergies include:
- Recommend dietary and lifestyle changes to help target foods or other factors that may be causing allergic reactions.
- Support the respiratory system by keeping pathways open and strengthening the system to better withstand potential reactions to allergens.
- Strengthen the immune system by adjusting misalignments in the spine/neck that can disrupt the brain’s communication with the body. A chiropractor can manipulate joints and tissues to realign the body and re-open blocked pathways between the spine and the brain.
- Use spine realignment to help regulate the body’s production of cortisol and strengthen the adrenal glands.
A chiropractor can help to put an end to your suffering created by allergies. Enjoy the spring and let our chiropractor near Smithtown determine what treatment option is right for you. Dr. Raymond Semente and his team will assess your symptoms and create a course of action to get you the allergy relief you need. Contact our office today and stop suffering this season!
How Can I Treat My Chronic Migraines?
Migraines can bring people immense pain and discomfort. In addition, a migraine can hold you back from enjoying life or working at your job. If you are regularly experiencing migraines 15 or more days out of the month, you should see our chiropractor near Smithtown, Dr. Semente, to help deal with your chronic migraines.
There are a few elements that can trigger chronic migraines. The following are some causes of migraines:
- Intense life-changing events
- Serious injury from the neck above
- Acute medication overuse
Whatever the case may be, you do not have to live with chronic migraines, and there are ways to get rid of it. Instead of medication, chiropractic care has been used as a way for people to treat their migraine symptoms. If you are looking to alleviate your constant migraines, our chiropractor near Smithtown is the answer you are searching for.
There are a few chiropractic techniques that can relieve your chronic migraine pain. The techniques that can help include:
- Spinal manipulation – this involves using different treatment techniques like joint manipulation, massages, and exercise. With a combination of these techniques, inflammation is diminished as well as joint and nerve function. This will release any built-in pressure you’re feeling in your body.
- Neuromuscular massages – this isn’t your typical massage; this massage targets trigger points found throughout your head, neck, back, and shoulders. Neuromuscular massages ease tension in the muscles and nerves that lead to pain in these areas, and it also restores the blood flow.
- Low-load craniocervical mobilization – Unlike spinal manipulation, this technique focuses on softer forces used in a rhythmic movement on the cervical areas. Stretching is a big part of this technique as well.
If you feel that medication doesn’t help with your chronic migraines, chiropractic care can be your solution! Next time you are feeling pain from a migraine, do not hesitate to contact our chiropractor near Smithtown to fight off your chronic migraines.
Chiropractic for Colder Weather
Colder weather can have some negative effects on our health. Whether it’s the physical or mental aspects that the cold temperatures pose, it’s important to take the preventative steps necessary to avoid injury and any debilitating conditions. Our chiropractor near Smithtown can give you the necessary care and attention you need!
Massage Therapy and Arthritis
Arthritis is a joint disorder that refers to the inflammation of the joints. It can either affect one joint or multiple joints. A joint is described as an area within the body where two different bones connect. A joint enables the movement to the body parts connected by its bones. Therefore, inflammation of the joints can cause swelling, discomfort, inflexibility, and a decreased range of motion. Arthritis is also extremely common. Currently, there are approximately 50 million adults and 300,000 kids that suffer from some type of arthritis. There about 100 different types of arthritis identified and that number is still growing. We understand that living with arthritis can make life difficult, which is why Dr. Semente, our chiropractor near Smithtown and Nesconset, has the knowledge and skills to get you back to moving safely and comfortably, free of arthritis discomfort.
Massage Therapy For Back Pain
Massage therapy is a great treatment to use for a multitude of aches and pains, and it doesn’t hurt that it brings relaxation as well. Studies have shown that massage therapy has numerous medical benefits including increased blood flow, increased levels of endorphins (the chemical that makes us feel good), and decreased muscle tension. Certain types of medical practices actually provide massage therapy as a treatment option, including chiropractic offices. For a chiropractor near Smithtown that offers massage therapy for back pain relief, contact Dr. Raymond Semente to make an appointment.
What Are The Benefits of Spinal Decompression?
If you are looking for a low-risk and non-invasive method to treat your chronic pain, spinal decompression therapy may be right for you. Dr. Raymond Semente, our chiropractor near Smithtown, uses this effective method to treat a wide variety of conditions.
Chiropractic Treatment for Herniated Discs
If you are looking for a non-surgical method to treat your herniated disc, then chiropractic treatment may be right for you. Dr. Raymond Semente is an experienced chiropractor near Smithtown who can treat your herniated disc naturally and without surgery. Contact us today to make an appointment.