Dr. Semente is a St. James Chiropractor who offers a wide range of high-quality services for his patients. Chiropractic care for the cervical spine is often used as a method of treatment for pains and discomfort in the neck, upper back, and shoulders, as well as headaches. Services provided by Dr. Semente for relief include state of the art diagnostics to identify symptoms and illnesses accurately through the most recent, cutting-edge technology and different forms of chiropractic.
The importance of an accurate diagnosis cannot be emphasized enough. Your diagnosis directs the course of actions to take in order to alleviate pain or illness. An appropriate diagnosis will ensure that the treatment which produces the most optimal results for the patient is carried out. Dr. Semente is a credible St. James Chiropractor who can provide you with an accurate cervical spine diagnosis, as your key to recovery, through these advanced techniques:
This kind of testing involves a digital measure of muscle contraction to assess the patient’s muscular rehabilitation needs.
Autotrax Spinal Decompression Therapy:
This is a computerized scan of the patient’s spinal discs in order to pinpoint locations for compression necessary to alleviate lumbar and cervical pain.
Cervical and Lumbar Range of Motion Exam:
These exams quantify impairment from motor vehicle accidents and measure how much the patient’s range of motion deviates from the normal range of motion.
EMG is an instrumental measure of electrical currents of a specific muscle to indicate the condition of nerves. Abnormal wave patterns indicate nerve damage and possible dysfunction.
Nerve Conduction Velocity:
This is a test for abnormal nerve pressure, nerve disease, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Electrodes connected to patient’s skin create neural pathways in the patient to detect any decrease in the rate of neural activity.
In Office X-rays:
X-rays detect any spinal abnormalities and misalignments the patient may have.
Finding the right kind of therapy for your condition is paramount to your progress in recovery. Each patient is unique and requires individualized attention and care. There are many well-acclaimed therapies available for your needs which can be provided by Dr. Semente, a St. James chiropractor.
Types of Chiropractic Manipulation:
- Cervical Spinal Manipulation involves high velocity, low amplitude technique (HVLA).
- Diversified technique is an HVLA technique where chiropractors apply quick, brief pressure to joints one at a time in order to restore normal range of motion to each joint.
- The Gonstead Adjustment is similar to the diversified technique, in that it is HVLA. However, it identifies the problematic joint differently, through positioning the body in a different way, such as on a special chair or table.
- Mobilization is a more gentle, less forceful adjustment, and is a low velocity, low amplitude technique (LVLA). Slow movement and a less specific location of the joint are used.
- Activator method: This method involves the use of a hand-held, spring-loaded device that applies low-level force to the patient lying face down on the adjustment table.
- Cox Flexion-distraction: This technique stretches the lower spine through repeated gradual movements to gently adjust the vertebrae.
- Toggle Drop: This method employs the force of gravity to apply adjustments. As the chiropractor presses down on one area of the spine using crossed hands, another area of the drop table falls and applies the localized adjustment.
There are many chiropractic approaches to cervical spine issues, so it is important to find the specific treatment that is right for you. If you have any questions about our services or would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Semente, please call us at 631-584-7722 or click here to contact us.