What Are The Benefits of Spinal Decompression?
If you are looking for a low-risk and non-invasive method to treat your chronic pain, spinal decompression therapy may be right for you. Dr. Raymond Semente, our chiropractor near Smithtown, uses this effective method to treat a wide variety of conditions.
What Conditions Are Treated Using Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Spinal decompression therapy has been shown to provide patients with relief from multiple conditions, including:
- Bulging disc
- Herniated disc
- Lower back pain
- Pinched nerve
- Degenerated disc
- Worn spinal joints
- Leg pain
- Neck pain
How Does Spinal Decompression Therapy Work?
Spinal decompression therapy slowly stretches your spine to reduce constrictive pressure on your spinal discs.
Our chiropractor near Smithtown will use a traction table to gently stretch your spine in order to create space between your discs. This space makes way for water, oxygen, and nutrients into the disc to promote healing. Spinal stretching may also allow for herniated or bulging discs to retract and take pressure off of your nerves.
What Should I Expect During My First Treatment?
If you want to give spinal decompression therapy a try, our chiropractor near Smithtown can help. The following information details a typical spinal decompression therapy session:
- Patients are fully clothed during the entire process which starts with the doctor fitting you into a harness.
- You will lay on a traction table controlled by the doctor who will customize the treatment to your specific condition or injury.
- The lower half of the table may move back and forth to provide stretching.
- The timing of each session will depend on the patient and their specific condition but typically will not last longer than 45 minutes.
- The number of sessions will depend on the individual and their condition and can be anywhere from 5 to 50 treatments.
How we can help
Dr. Raymond Semente is an experienced chiropractor near Smithtown who has been providing chiropractic care since 1984. Dr. Semente has extensive experience treating patients using spinal decompression therapy and can provide this unique treatment right in his office. Contact our office to make an appointment and start relieving your pain today.