Benefits of Medical Massage Therapy – Chiropractor in St. James
Massage therapy has been a practice used in alternative medicine as a low-risk, effective, and relaxing way to provide pain relief for patients. According to the National Center of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), medical massage therapy has helped millions of people for thousands of years. If you are looking for a chiropractor in St. James that provides medical massage therapy, contact us to make an appointment here.
What is medical massage therapy?
Massage therapy is a form of complementary medicine that involves rubbing, kneading, and circular motions to promote relaxation and pain relief in patients suffering from a number of medical conditions.
How can I benefit from medical massage therapy?
- Pain Relief: massage therapy for medical purposes has been studied in clinical trials and has been found to provide relief for those with chronic neck pain, chronic low-back pain, and those with osteoarthritis.
- Cancer symptoms: research suggests that medical massage may provide pain relief, promote relaxation and provide positive mood-boosting effects in those with cancer.
- Depression and Anxiety: massage therapy has been shown to reduce feelings of sadness and anxiety in pregnant women especially when they received massage therapy for two sessions per week.
- Muscle tension reduction: not only can massage provide pain and stress relief, but it also helps to release tense muscles. A specific type of massage called trigger point massage can help to relax any tight areas of muscle.
- Back pain: in a study conducted in 2003, results suggested that massage therapy can help reduce the need for opiate painkillers by up to thirty-six percent.
- Headaches: massage therapy can help reduce migraines and in turn improve quality of sleep.
Do you suffer from any of the previously mentioned conditions? Contact our chiropractor in St. James Dr. Raymond Semente for medical massage therapy.
Chiropractor in St. James
Medical massage therapy is a great way for you to enhance your mood, reduce stress, and experience relief from pain. Not only does it allow you to aid in the treatment of your condition(s) without the use of surgery or drugs, but it provides a tranquil environment for you to complete your therapy in. If you are looking for a chiropractor in St. James that provides low-risk, drug-free, and non-invasive medical massage therapy, contact us here to make an appointment today!