Treatment for Back Pain in St. James
We all know that back pain isn’t easy to deal with and can interfere with our daily activities. Treating back pain usually requires professional help and assistance in order to have a successful recovery.
Dr. Raymond Semente Chiropractic located in St. James, Long Island can help guide you with treatment for back pain and can provide you with more details and information on what you need to know.
There are numerous reasons on why back pain can occur. Some causes include:
- Poor Posture
- Strained Muscle or Ligament
- Whiplash and other accidental injuries
- Sport injuries
- Rheumatic Sources (arthritis for example)
- Sciatica (back pain caused from the roots of nerves)
- Lumbar Disc Disease
- Isthmic Spondylolisthesis
- Sacroiliac Joint Disease
- Cauda equina syndrome
Dr. Raymond Semente Chiropractic in St. James has over 30 years of experience with a variety of types of back pain. Each person receives an individualized course of treatment tailored to the conditions of their back, however, it is also important to be aware of some treatment options in advanced. Receiving medications to reduce pain is only recommended if prescribed by a doctor and is actually needed based on your condition. Some other ways to treat back pain consist of:
- Massage Therapy
- Manual manipulation
- Mindful Meditation
- Performing certain techniques/exercises
- Heating pad
Treatment is based on what type of back pain you are experiencing. To prevent back pain you can:
- Stand/sit up straight, in other words, enhance your posture
- Take part in strengthening and stretching exercises at least 2 or 3 times a week
- Avoid heavy lifting. If you do plan on lifting something heavy, bend your knees and keep your back straight.
- Get active and eat a balanced diet. Having a healthy weight puts less strain on your back.
If you live near St. James and would like to receive more information on how Dr. Raymond Semente Chiropractic can help you and your back pain, don’t hesitate and give us a call today!